Want your event to make a memorable impression? Look no further than flowers to provide the pizzazz that will make your next celebration stand out. Choosing the right florist is key to ensuring you get exactly what’s right for you, meaning the difference between meh & magic!
Flowers have the power to take one’s breath away and including them in any special event can add magic into a celebration, helping to establish just the right tone: whimsical, romantic, english garden… you name it. But, how do you choose the right florist to provide you with the right flowers, for the right price; helping you make the magic happen?
Here are a few points to ponder as you prepare to choose the florist that can best work with you to help bring the perfect vision to life.
- The first step is to get serious about your budget. How much money do you have to work with? This question sets the all-important parameters, particularly if you’ve been perusing the beautiful Pinterest boards of glorious – and expensive! – arrangements. A great florist will be able to help you maximize floral impact for the budget you have available. Keep in mind, too, what kind of service you may require. Will you just swing by and pick up your order or are you going to require delivery and possibly even setup? Make sure you’ve covered all your bases!
- Be sure to ask around – word of mouth rules! There is nothing like a first-hand recommendation when you’re considering options. Friends, family, workmates, and even acquaintances can provide you with incredibly helpful insights that include the important aspects of service, quality, and, of course, price. Even if you may not be planning a wedding, don’t be afraid to check out your local wedding magazine or wedding directory online to find a range of options while at the same time viewing a variety of representations of their work, perhaps even client reviews.
- What is your personal style? Maybe you lean towards the bohemian or, perhaps, you’re more inclined towards the contemporary in fashion and design. You want your arrangements to reflect your personality and style, so be sure to browse potential florists portfolios to see if they display examples of work representing the aesthetic you’re after.
- Schedule a chat or consultation (these are usually free!) to see who is going to be the best fit. Once you have an idea of what you’re looking for, in terms of style and budget, it’s time to talk to your local floral vendors. You want to be working with someone you trust in assisting to make decisions that are best for you. Give yourself, and the florist, plenty of lead-time to ensure that the mutual vision isn’t impeded by a rushed schedule.
- As with most visual services, a picture is worth a thousand words! Bring photographs of examples… yes, your Pinterest boards! The benefit of a visual aid is incredibly helpful as, while your florist may be pretty darned smart and creative, she probably can’t read your mind. But, one IMPORTANT caveat: keep your expectations in check! While oming armed with a smartphone filled with beautiful examples from all over the Internet is certainly helpful in better defining your style to your potential florist, there may very well be limitations – your budget, geography, and flower availability – that may impact your final product.
What you’re really looking for is someone who is obviously creative and visionary, at the top of their game, but that she (or he!) is also a big believer in communication; a vendor who, ultimately, will be honest with you in what you will be able to accomplish after reviewing your budget and personal style.
All that said, however, here’s a little reassurance. Any florist worth their salt will be able to help you realize a vision even without coming prepared with the above. Really, it’s not unusual for a client to come into our shop with little more than a sense of confusion and a bit of overwhelm, but a wonderful intention!
So, bring us your ideas, your vision, your Pinterest board… and even your confused overwhelm. And we’ll work with you to make beautiful, colourful (or white on white!) magic happen!